Kurjey & Jambay Lhakhang
Kurjey Lhakhang comprises three temples. The one on the right was built in 1652 against the rock face where Guru Padmasambhava meditated in the 8th century. The middle temple is built on the site of a cave containing a rock with the imprint of the Guru’s body, and is therefore considered to be the most holy. Both Jambay and Kurjey Lhakhang are located on the left banks of ChamkharChhu (river). Continue the valley walk from Kurjey Lhakhang across a suspension bridge through small villages and farmlands.
The Jambay Lhakhang was built in the 7th century by the Tibetan king Songtsen Gampo. It is one of 108 monasteries which he built to subdue evil spirits in the Himalayan region.